Kom til Kolding

Apply for a residence and work permit

If you are a citizen from a country outside Scandinavia, the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you must apply for a residence and work permit from your home country before coming to Denmark.

In the majority of cases, your future employer in Denmark will contribute with information for the application.

There are several different options for a residence and work permit in Denmark; your education, qualifications and the type of job you have been offered are important to how you should apply.

NOTE: It is The Danish Immigration Service who is responsible for this area. Read more and find contact information on the New to Denmark website .

You can also check out what else to remember at our Step by step site.

What to do once I have my residence and work permit?

When you have recieved your residence and work permit, you have to stop by the Municipality to get your CPR-number(, healthcare card and NemID.

Bring your ID (e.g. passport) and your residence and work permit.

NOTE that you have to book an appointment at Citizen Service (Borgerservice).

Citizen Service is located at Nytorv 1, 6000 Kolding. Opening hours: Monday-Wednesday 10.00-14.00 (10am-2pm), Thursday 10.00-18.00 (10am-6pm) and Friday 10.00-14.00 (10am-2pm).

If you have questions regarding registration of residence, choice of doctor, tax etc. you are welcome to contact the settlement coordinator at Citizen Service, Camilla Dahl Kjær by phone: +45 79 79 21 38 or by e-mail: .