Kom til Kolding

Apply for an EU residence document

If you as EU citizen are moving to Denmark/Kolding, e.g. to work or study, and plan to stay for more than three months, you must apply for the EU residence document no later than three months following the date you enter Denmark.

As EU citizen you can come to Denmark to look for a job and are allowed to stay for up to three months before you have to register. Find the registration options here .

The EU residence document gives you the right to stay in Denmark for longer than three months and may also enable you to register for a CPR number (civil registration number) with your local municipality.

It is the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) who is responsible for the EU registration process and afterwards it is Borgerservice (Citizen Service) at either International Citizen Service South (ICS) or Kolding Municipality, who are responsible for ordering CPR, health card and NemID (easy access ID).

What to do first?

When registering as an EU citizen in Denmark, you have to get your EU residence document first, before you can complete the rest of the registration, at either International Citizen Service or at Citizen Service (Borgerservice) in Kolding Municipality.

What are my options?

When you are an EU citizen who are going to live in Kolding Municipality, you have 2 options for the EU residence document.

1. You can complete your entire registration at International Citizen Service in Odense .

2. You can go to any SIRI office within their opening hours for the EU residence document and then stop by Kolding Municipality for the rest.

Option 1:

If you go to ICS in Odense and get your entire registration done in one place, you are to bring all the required documents (see below "What do I need to bring to the SIRI office").

NOTE: This is only an option if you are staying in Denmark for work-purposes.

If your family joins you on the day you register, they can get it all done too. If they come another day, they are not guaranteed to get their registration done the same day. Then they will have to wait for the EU residence document and then come back to Kolding Municipality for the rest of the registration.

NOTE: You can book an appointment with SIRI at their Odense office within the ICS opening hours, get your EU residence document, and go to the ICS office for the rest (or come back to Kolding Municipality on another day - what suits you best).

Option 2:

If you cannot make it to ICS within their opening hours, you have the option to book an appointment at any SIRI office for the EU residence document.

If you bring all the documents required and they are valid, you will recieve your EU residence document right away.

When you have received your EU registration document you can stop by the Citizen Service (Borgerservice) at Kolding Municipality for the process of getting a CPR-number, health card and NemID.

NOTE that the current rules require the yellow health card for Citizen Service to create the NemID - this means that you have to first order the yellow card. Once you receive this, you can stop by Citizen Service again to obtain a NemID.

NOTE that you have to book an appointment at Citizen Service.

Citizen Service is located at Nytorv 1, 6000 Kolding. Opening hours: Monday-Wednesday 10.00-14.00 (10am-2pm), Thursday 10.00-18.00 (10am-6pm) and Friday 10.00-14.00 (10am-2pm).

If you have questions regarding registration of residence, choice of doctor, tax etc. you are welcome to contact the settlement coordinator at Citizen Service, Camilla Dahl Kjær by phone: +45 79 79 21 38 or by e-mail: .

Book an appointment with SIRI

Please notice that you cannot just stop by a SIRI office. You have to book an appointment. If all the documents are in order, they will make your EU residence document while you wait.

Useful links:

What do I need to bring to the SIRI office?

Read more about booking an appointment at SIRI

Find more info at the website 'New to Denmark'

Contact SIRI

International Citizen Service South